What? Another conference, you ask?
This past weekend (Sept. 19-21) I attended the National Writers Workshop in Fort Lauderdale, an annual conference hosted by the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
Among the speakers (A-Z):
- Dave Barry – Miami Herald humor columnist and author
- Roy Peter Clark – director of the writing center, dean of the faculty, senior scholar and vice president at the Poynter Institute
- Leonard Pitts, Jr. – Miami Herald columnist (see photo)
I’ll be taking about a month to catch my breath before the next conference, a trip covered by The Miami Hurricane:
Associated Collegiate Press and College Media Advisers conference in Kansas City, Oct. 29 to Nov. 2.
I’ll be flying up on the evening of Oct. 30 and leaving Nov. 2. The Hurricane is sending a total of eight students, plus our adviser.
- Conference craziness: Looking back at SPJ and forward to ONA
- Greetings from Indianapolis!
- NextNewsroom conference recap