The newsroom was abuzz for the first time in more than a month.
Editors abound. Couches pulled out. Ideas overfloweth.
It was great to see everyone again after break for The Miami Hurricane‘s first staff meeting of the semester. Old faces and new faces, all ready to get back into action (please excuse the cliche).
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- Copyediting all possible content before layout, which will begin with first issue
- Outlook for multimedia this semester and what role the multimedia editor and assistant multimedia editor will play
- Preview of Web site overhaul, which will be a collaborative, semester-long effort; Art Director/Visuals Editor Will Wooten, Webmaster Brian Schlansky and I will take the lead, working with other staffers and Chris Delboni’s CNJ 442 class
- New Sunday meeting structure
- Outline of SG spring election coverage timeline
- What everyone’s favorite color is
- Adjustments to process for editorials
- Emphasizing the importance of blogs and being connected
- Highlighting that we are not just a newspaper, but a news organization
Weigh in: What would you like to see from the paper this semester?