COLUMBIA, S.C. — It’s day two here at the SPJ region 3 convention at the University of South Carolina.
Yesterday was great. New people, new ideas. I attended the following sessions:
- New Media Challenges: I learned a lot more about managing online communities.
- Preparing for Tomorrow’s Newsroom: A very original and insightful presentation by Joe Grimm.
- Freelancing for the New Media Age: There was basically no mention of new media, but the freelancing tips were good.
- Reception: Chatted with students and others while eating chicken and brownie and sipping sweet, sweet iced tea.
I was unable to liveblog the events yesterday afternoon because there is no guest access to USC’s wireless network. I took notes and post summaries of the events when time allows.
What’s on deck today:
- One-man Banding
- Mark of Excellence luncheon
- Reporting by the Numbers
- The Changing Political Landscape
Then we fly back to Miami tonight and it’s deadline tomorrow!